The main objective of the working group is to contribute to the knowledge and assessment of geomorphological sites, with a particular emphasis on geoconservation, geotourism, geoeducation closely related to those sites.
Geomorphosites are landforms which, by human perception, gain a scientific value, but also cultural, ecological, aesthetic and economic values.
Our directions of study are:
- Improve research on the issue geomorphosites (assessment, mapping, conservation, education and tourism promotion).
- Development of a community of researchers in geomorphosites;
- Development of methods for assessing and mapping of geomorphosites;
- Inclusion of geomorphosite studies in university curricula;
- Developing relationships between the geomorphosite study and social sciences;
- Research programs aimed geoconservation and geotourism.