NIMRD, 300 Mamaia Blvd. 900581 Constanta
- Nearshore sandbars morphodynamics on microtidal coasts
- Beach – dune interactions
- Nearshore zone hidrodynamics
- Impact of climate variability on coastal wind regime and coastline dynamics
- Coastal storms sourge impacts
- Fluvial – Marine Interactions: Morphodynamics and sediment transport at river mouths
- Coastal hydrodynamics
- Regional/Local sediment budget and management / wave and sediment transport modeling
- Beach management & ICZM
- Coastal constructions/facilities modeling, design and mentainance
- Participant to Orizont 2000 project: “Interaction between the hydrodynamic phenomena and abiotic component of the coastal ecosystem (Delta – shoreline- sea), monitoring and management methods of the geomorphologic coastal processes – annual national studies” (1998-2000) – member
- Participant to the “Study on morphological changes of the Romanian Black Sea Coast between Midia – Vama Veche – Monitoring program for Coastal Erosion-National Programme (2000-2005) – member
- BENA project: “Experimental research regarding sediment transport; method and technologies for protection and rehabilitation of eroded beach of Mamaia Bay”) (2001) – project director
- BENA-DELTA project “Researches regarding biogeomorphological impact of hydrotechnical constructions for coastal protection implemented to Nãvodari – North Constanta area” (2003) – project director
- Participant to JICA project: “Baseline Survey for Improvement of the Marine Ecosystem and Coastal Erosion for Protection/Rehabilitation of the Romanian Black Sea Shore” (2005) – member
- Participant to TASAUL Project “Assessment of anthropogenic impacts on Tasaul Lake, Romania, and ecosystem rehabilitation” financed by Swiss National Foundation (2005-2007) – member
- Consultant to the Masterplan/work “Study on protection and rehabilitation of the Southern Romanian Shore of the Black Sea “ – financed by J.I.C.A. (2006-2007) – member
- Partnership for PNII 32164/2008, “Complex system for the application of the remote sensing techniques for environmental quality monitoring and Romanian ICZM implementation support”, Acronym IMAGIS (2008-2011) – Project Director
- participant to European Projects: SeaSearch (for Marine Data Management) and, since 2007, national coordinator in SeaDataNet (PanEuropean Infrastructure for Ocean & Marine Data) for (2009-2011) and Black Sea Scene (regarding to Black Sea Network) Projects – member
- Participant to the contributions study regarding “Enviromnetal Assessment of concequences induces in DDBR by the secund phase extension of Ukrainean project <<Danube-Black Sea High Depth Waterway>>”(2009 and 2013) – member
- Participant to the national study regarding “Development of the National for ICZM and state property domain delineation within coastal zone (2009, 2011) – coordinator
- Participant to national project, PN “Study of the geomorphological processes mechanisms on short and medium term, under the influence of the coastal zone natural and anthropogenic phenomena” – CEMAR (2005 – 2007 and 2008 – present) – member
PUBLICATIONS (ISI – 4, OTHER – 5)
- Mateescu R., Malciu V. “Long-term sea level and shoreline variability along the Romanian Black Sea Coast”, Proceedings of the workshop on Understanding and Modeling the Black Sea Ecosystem in support of Marine Conventions and Environmental Policies – 2006, JRC, Ispra, Italy (EUR 22176 EN).
- Alexandrov L., C.Coman, I.Cernisencu, L.Tofan, R.Mateescu, T.Zaharia, 2008 – Specificity of Romanian Black sea changes under climate and human impact – 4th IGBP Congress, Sustainable Livelihoods in a Changing Earth System, 5-9 May 2008, Capetown, South Africa, Book of abstracts, p.56.
- Mateescu R., Coman C., ”Evolution of the Black Sea Romanian Shore under the Actual Anthropogenic Impact” – Jurnal of Enviromnetal Protection and Ecology 9, 357-364 (2008), BENA, (JEPE) (in print) – http://www.jepe.gr – ISI.
- L Alexandrov, C. Coman, M. Golumbeanu, R. Mateescu, D. Valisiu, D. Rosioru. “Specificity of the Romanian Black Sea Coastal Changes under Climate and Human Impact”, NATO SfP&SProgramme, 263-269, Springer Science 2009.
- Mateescu Razvan, Spinu Alina “Marine and Coastal Spatial Data Analysis and Management within Web-GIS system for data access and sustainability on Romanian Black Sea Coastal Zone”, http://coastgis.corila.it/2011/download/book/CoastGIS_2011_Proceedings_Vol_2.pdf, Coast GIS Conference 2011, Oostende, Belgium
- Spinu Alina, Alexandrov Laura, Mateescu Razvan, “GIS for coastal and marine environment – an integrated tool for Coastal Zone Management. Study case – RazimSinoe Lagoon”, Proceedings of the tenth International Conference on the Mediterranean Coastal Environment, 2011, ISBN 978-605-88990-6-3, vol II ISBN 978-605-88990-8-7, pag. 901-913.
- A.I. Kubryakov, G. K. Korotaev, V. L. Dorofeev, Y. B. Ratner, A. Palazov, N. Valchev, V. Malciu, R. Mateescu and T. Oguz “Black Sea coastal forecasting system” MS No.: os-2011-22, Ocean Science/EGU, available to download at address: http://www.ocean-sci.net/8/183/2012– ISI
- T. Zaharia, D. Micu, V. Nita., V. Maximov, R. Mateescu, A. Spinu, M. Nedelcu , G. Ganea, C.Ursache, 2011 – Preliminary data on habitat mapping in the Romanian Natura 2000 marine sites – Journal of Environmental Protection and Ecology (JEPE), vol.13. 2012, nr.3B , http://www.jepe.gr – ISI
- R.Mateescu, D.Diaconeasa, S.Alina, V.Malciu, ”Hydro-Geomorphological Processes in the Transitional Romanian Black Sea Coast, its Conceconces on the Masterplan for Coastal Protection Implementation”, (JEPE) vol.13. 2012, nr. 3A – http://www.jepe.gr – ISI