Department of Geography, West University of Timișoara, Blvd. Vasile Pârvan, No. 4, 300223, Timișoara
Geomorphometry, Remote Sensing, GIS
- classification of landforms based on DEMs
- gomorphologic risk assessment
- GIS and remote sensing aplications in periglacial geomorphology
Methods and techniques
- quantitative analysis in physical geography
- spatial analysis and modelling
- geomorphological mapping
- object-oriented image analysis (OBIA)
Research projects (2007-2015)
- Remote sensing, model and in-sittu data fusion for snowpack parameters and related hazards in a climate chnage perspective (SnowBall), SEE project Romania-Norway EEA-JRP-RO-NO-2013-1-0285 (2014-2017) – member
- Development of complex Geocronological and Geophysical laboratories for saving Archeological heritage and solving environmental problems, cross -border cooperation project HURO/1101/126/2.2.1 (2012-2014) – member
- Fundamental surface elements on Digital Elevation Models, project PN-II-ID-PCE-2011-3-0499 (2011–2012) – member
- Research of past, present and FUTUre Lower MARos/Mures River in relation with climatic change and sustainable human management, cross-border cooperation project HURO/0901/266/2.2.2 (2011–2012) – member
- Methods for digital terrain analysis and automated classification of the relief in mountain areas based on digital terrain models and remotely-sensed data, grant PNII–IDEI 1075 (2008–2011) – member
- Metoda complexă de elaborare a hărţii geomorfologice digitale a României prin tehnologii GIS/Teledetecţie, suport pentru implementarea directivelor europene de mediu (GEOMORF), grant PNCDI2 32140 (2008–2011) – member
- The impact of climate changes upon the Holocene and present dynamics of alpine zone (Romanian Carpathians), grant CEEX nr. 738 (2006–2008) – member
- Ardelean, F., Drăguț, L., Urdea, P., Török-Oance, M., (2013), Variations in landform definition: a quantitative assessment of differences in mapping of glacial cirques in the Țarcu Mountains (Southern Carpathians, Romania), Area , 45 (3): 348-357, doi:10.1111-area.12043.
- Török-Oance, M., Ardelean, F., (2012). Object-oriented image analysis for detection of the barren karst areas. A case study: the central sector of the Mehedinţi Mountains (Southern Carpathians), Carpathian Journal of Earth and Environmental Sciences, 7 (2): 249-254.
- Voiculescu, M., Ardelean, F., (2012). Snow avalanche disturbance of high mountain environment. Case study: the Doamnei glacial valley, Făgăraş Massif, Southern Carpathians, Romanian Carpathians, Carpathian Journal of Earth and Environmental Sciences, 7 (1): 95-108.
- Ardelean, F., Török-Oance, M., Urdea, P. and Onaca, A., (2011). Application of object based image analysis for glacial cirques detection. Case study: the Ţarcu Mountains (Southern Carpathians). Forum geografic. S.C.G.P.M, 10(1): 20-26, doi:10.5775/fg.2067-4635.2011.007.i.
- Urdea, P., Onaca, A., Ardelean, F., Ardelean, M., (2011). New Evidence on the Quaternary Glaciation on the Romanian Carpathians (Chapter 24) în Developments in Quaternary Science, vol. 15 (Quaternary Glaciations – Extent and Chronology), ed.: J. Ehlers, P.L. Gibbard, P.D. Hughes, Elsevier, 305-323, doi:10.1016/B978-0-444-53447-7.00024-6.
- Voiculescu, M., Ardelean, F., Onaca, A., Török-Oance, M., (2011). Analysis of snow avalanche potential in Bâlea glacial area – Făgăraş massif, (Southern Carpathians – Romanian Carpathians), Zeitschrift für Geomorphologie, Stuttgart, 55 (3): 291-316, doi: 10.1127/0372-8854/2011/0054.
- Törok-Oance, M., Ardelean, F., Onaca, A., (2009). The semiautomated Identification of the planation surfaces on the basis of the digital terrain model. Case study: The Mehedinţi Mountains (Southern Carpathians), Forum Geografic. S.C.G.P.M, 8: 5-13.